The Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick is accepting applications for an Executive Director. This role will be responsible for establishing and deepening external relationships throughout Brunswick, Bath and Sagadahoc County. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the agency carries out the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters. The ideal candidate must be able to engage with community organizations, corporations and individuals and convey the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters in compelling ways.
- Develops and maintains a strong local presence with chambers and organizations in the Brunswick, Bath and Sagadahoc County, with a focus on securing new partnerships that would help the agency increase the number of children served.
- Researches and determines a target list of appropriate community groups, corporations and schools that could partner with the agency on volunteer and youth recruitment with an emphasis on hard to reach communities impacted by poverty and education inequality.
- Meets with targeted organizations to present the range of partnership opportunities within the agency and follows through to ensure partnerships are established.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop and execute a strategic plan that focuses on fund development, community partnerships, program growth and agency capacity development.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the affiliate in keeping with the policies of the organization and the standards of BBBSA
- Ensure proper fiscal management, including but not limited to operating within the approved budget, maximizing resource utilization and maintaining a positive financial position for the agency.
- Complete the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America orientation for new Executive Directors within the first year of employment
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of relevant work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a sales or community organizing role
- Nonprofit management experience preferred
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Commitment to improving the lives of local youth
The Executive Director is a full-time, salaried position with an employee benefits package available. Compensation is commensurate with relevant experience and the salary range is $50,000-$65,000.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick is an equal opportunity employee and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply via email with a letter of interest and resume to Erinn Kennedy, Big Brothers Big Sister of Bath/Brunswick Chair of Human Resources Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org