Administrative and Fundraising Assistant
The Administrative and Fundraising Assistant will support the Executive Director in a variety of tasks to ensure all administrative duties are complete for donor stewardship and maintaining community relationships.
- Planning and coordinating fundraising events with the Executive Director, attending fundraisers if and when needed.
- Maintaining corporation and individual donor files.
- Performing general maintenance in databases and prepare reports as needed.
- Assisting in developing communications with volunteers, donors, partners, and other members of the public.
- Tracking corporate level communications between community partners and the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education and work related experience:
Applicant should have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. With experience working in a fast paced office environment with ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines. Related work experience in the nonprofit sector is desirable.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office practices and processes and computer software programs: Word, Outlook, Publisher, and Excel.
- Experience with database management and data entry.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, attention to detail, solid customer service and communication skills (oral and written), and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a time efficient manner.
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- The person in this position regularly communicates by phone and in person with donors and other community partners.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
15-20 hours per week, flexible work hours to meet fluctuating agency needs.