Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick is part of a national organization that is recognized as the premier one-to-one youth mentoring program in the country. We carefully match caring adult mentors with youth and teens ages 6-18, develop individual goals for each match, and then maintain regular oversight and provide support to ensure the safety and success of each youth in our program. The program is rewarding for all involved, including our professional staff!
The Program Manager will positively impact our community by supporting volunteers, parents, and youth in our community and site-based mentoring programs throughout Brunswick, Harpswell, and Sagadahoc County. The Program Manager’s primary functions are to support the organization’s outreach and recruitment efforts and provide match support to ensure child safety, a positive impact for youth, and constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers.
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service throughout the implementation of recruiting, supporting, and maintaining matches in accordance with the Big Brothers Big Sisters brand and standards of practice. Interested candidates should familiarize themselves with our mission, core values, and programs as described on our website: bbbsbathbrunswick.org
The Enrollment Specialist/Program Manager position includes responsibilities in each of the following areas:
- Interview and screen volunteers, children, and parent/guardians to assess program suitability.
- Facilitate trainings for all adult volunteers prior to the match process.
- Implement the match process ensuring that all BBBS of America standards for child wellness and safety are met.
Outreach and Recruitment:
- Cultivate relationships between BBBS and school systems in our service area to increase referrals.
- Lead or participate in outreach activities to raise awareness of BBBS mentoring programs with families, schools, community partners, and other referral services
- Foster corporate and community partnerships to expand resources through fundraising and volunteer recruitment opportunities.
- Be active in the organization’s efforts to expand brand awareness – i.e. speaking engagements, social media, community events, etc.
- Provide ongoing support for matches to ensure a safe and positive youth development experience for each child. We provide comprehensive training on BBBS Standards of Practice at the beginning of employment.
- Work with each match and family to develop and implement a personalized Youth Outcome Goals Plan. Evaluate and update regularly.
- Identify and address issues or barriers in a timely manner by providing individual support to each match and individual. Follow mandatory reporter requirements.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation for each match according to program standards.
- When a match closes, facilitate surveys and exit interviews, and identify opportunities for future engagement.
- Assist teammates when additional match supervision is required. Collaborate with colleagues to streamline match support process and support quality assurance tracking efforts.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion for BBBS’s mission and core values
- Bachelor’s degree (preference given to social service, education, or related degrees) or will receive a Bachelor’s degree within six months
- OR Associate degree with two years of relevant experience
- OR high school diploma or equivalent with four years’ relevant experience.
- Outstanding communication skills with a range of audiences
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multi-tasking environment
- Experience with computer-based information systems.
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child and volunteer relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small, high-performing professional team.
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Case management experience is preferred but not required.
- Due to the nature of the position, after-school/evening and weekend hours are part of this role.
Our team is passionate about collaboration and supporting one another. In this position, you can expect a work culture that trusts and empowers you and appreciates you for who you are as a person, not just as an employee. BBBS actively promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- A flexible schedule that includes remote work
- Generous paid time off
- Health insurance
- IRA retirement match up to 3%
- Fun, relaxed office environment!
- The satisfaction of helping kids in our community reach their full potential.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org