Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick is part of a national organization that is recognized as the premier one-to-one youth mentoring program in the country. We carefully match caring adult mentors with youth and teens ages 6-18, develop individual goals for each match and then maintain regular oversight and provide support to ensure the safety and success of each youth in our program. The program is rewarding for all involved, including our professional staff!
The Program Manager will positively impact our community by supporting volunteers, parents and youth in our community and site-based mentoring programs throughout Brunswick, Harpswell and Sagadahoc County. The Program Manager’s primary function is to provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impact for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of the volunteers.
This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service throughout the implementation of supporting and maintaining matches in accordance with the Big Brothers Big Sisters brand and standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES:
The Program Manager position includes responsibilities in each of the following areas. Match Support is the foundation of the work and makes up at least 50% of the role. Other areas will vary based on current organizational needs and employee skill set.
- Provide ongoing support for portfolio of matches to ensure a safe and positive youth development experience for each child. We provide comprehensive training on BBBS Standards of Practice at the beginning of employment.
- Work with each match and family to develop and implement a personalized Youth Outcome Goals Plan. Evaluate and update regularly.
- Identify and address issues or barriers in a timely manner by providing individual support to each match and individual. Follow mandatory reporter requirements.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation for each match according to program standards.
- When a match closes, facilitate surveys and exit interviews and identify opportunities for future engagement.
- Assist teammates when additional match supervision is required. Collaborate with colleagues to streamline match support process and support quality assurance tracking efforts.
- Interview and screen volunteers, children, and parent/guardians to assess program suitability.
- Facilitate trainings for all adult volunteers prior to the match process.
- Implement the match process ensuring that all BBBS of America standards for child wellness and safety are met.
Outreach and Recruitment:
- Cultivate relationships between BBBS and school systems in our service area to increase referrals for Littles and HS Bigs.
- Lead or participate in outreach activities to raise awareness of BBBS mentoring programs with families, schools, community partners and other referral services
- Foster corporate and community partnerships to expand resources through fundraising and volunteer recruitment opportunities.
- Be active in the organization’s efforts to expand brand awareness– i.e. speaking engagements, social media, community events, etc.
Education and Related Work Experience/Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field; some case management experience is preferred. Associates degree accepted with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and overcome obstacles.
- Must have the ability to learn and work with computer-based information systems. The selected candidate must complete online training to become proficient in the Big Brothers Big Sisters service delivery model and agency information management system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service, both in-person and by telephone.
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child and volunteer relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small, high-performing professional team.
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- This position could be part or full time, with flexibility in creating a schedule that meets the needs of the program and the candidate.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org