Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick partners with Bowdoin College's McKeen Center for the Common Good to match Bowdoin students with local children to share time and friendship.
This program takes place on 12-14 Sunday afternoons throughout the academic year on the Bowdoin campus. Activities include games, crafts, sports, swimming, projects and more!
• No special skills required!
• Enrolled as a Bowdoin student
• 18+ years old
• 1–year commitment (but we hope it lasts longer!)
• 1-2 times per month with your Little at Bowdoin College or a nearby site
How to Become a Big:
1. Complete an application.
2. Participate in an interview with our professional staff.
3. Participate in an Orientation and Pre-Match Training with our professional staff.
We will discuss your interests, background, and preferences to help find a great match with a child. Once the application is processed, and a background check is completed, staff provides a training session and resource manual and works with each volunteer to determine the best possible one-to-one match with a child.