Bigs in BlueSM is a one-to-one mentoring program that connects youth with police in their communities, building strong, trusting, lasting relationships. These relationships help build stronger bonds between law enforcement and the families they serve.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick is partnering with the City of Bath Police Department and hopes to expand the program to other departments.
• No special skills required!
• 18+ years old
• 1–year commitment (but we hope it lasts longer!)
• 1 hour per week with your Little in a Site-or School-Based location
How to Become a Big:
1. Complete an application.
2. Participate in an interview with our professional staff.
3. Participate in an Orientation and Pre-Match Training with our professional staff.
We will discuss your interests, background, and preferences to help find a great match with a child. Once the application is processed, and a background check is completed, staff provides a training session and resource manual and works with each volunteer to determine the best possible one-to-one match with a child.